Recording the iPhone’s display is useful in a variety of situations. You can use it to capture Instagram videos you wish to broadcast on Facebook or WhatsApp. Regardless of the reason, iOS makes screen capturing easier than ever. You will not only learn how to screen record on an iPhone, but also on an Android device.
Step by Step: How To Screen Record on iPhone
The screen recording feature is accessible on iPhones running iOS 11 or later. This is one of the best iPhone widgets, because it’s both free and built into iOS.
Activate the Control Center on an iPhone X or later by swiping down from the screen’s upper-right corner. For older devices, a swipe up from the bottom of the screen is required. You’ll find “screen record” there.
When you press the Screen Recording button, a three-second timer will appear before recording begins. When recording, the timer or bar at the top of the screen will become red. You can utilise Do Not Disturb to record your screen without interruptions from notifications.
Occasionally, audio recording is blocked during iPhone screen recording. But, you can enable audio recording during screen recording by holding the button for a few seconds and selecting the Microphone Off icon.
If you do not turn off the microphone before recording your screen again, it will automatically record audio when you record your screen in the future.
- Enabling the screen recording feature
The first step on how to screen-record on iPhone is turning on iOS’s screen recording feature in Control Center. Specifically, here’s what you should do:
- To access the Control Panel, go to the Settings menu.
- You’ll find Screen Recording in the Additional Settings.
- Select the plus sign (+) and move it to the top of the Included Controls section.
- Initiate the screen recording
Also Read: How to Test Your Microphone in Windows 10?
Stopping Your Screen Recording
Tap the red clock or bar at the top of the screen to end the recording. On some iPhones, you will be asked to confirm that you wish to stop it. Simply confirm your choice by clicking the corresponding button. To stop the recording, you may also use the Control Center’s Screen Recording button.
After you have completed recording, the prompt will inform you that the video has been captured and saved to the Pictures album on your device. At last, it’s finished! This is how to record an iPhone’s screen.
How to Screen Record on I Phone with Third-Party Apps
In the earlier sections of this post, we described how to capture iPhone screens. And as you can see, you can record the screen of your iPhone with a few taps using the functionality that comes included with iOS. Yet, you may wish to do more with your recordings than the iPhone normally allows.
The following are excellent third-party applications you can install on your iPhone to enhance its screen recording capabilities.
- Go Record
- Record it!
- DU Recorder
- Screen Recording Video Capture
- TechSmith Capture
- Screen Recorder +
- Live Stream Apps & Games
- Screen Recorderº
How to screen-record on Android
In Android, there are multiple ways for screen recording.
How to screen-record on Android
If you have an Android 12 device, screen recording is straightforward.
Only perform the following:
Recording your screen is a simple process if you have an Android 12 device.
Just do the following:
- First, swipe down the Notifications panel twice to access your phone’s Quick Settings panel. Then simply activate the screen recorder.
- If the Screen Recorder icon is not already present, click the Plus sign that comes at the very end of the icons. Then, click and hold the Screen recorder icon and drag it to appear in the Quick Settings menu.
- Once you’ve selected Screen Recorder, you’ll be prompted to decide whether or not you want to record audio and demonstrate screen touches.
- Choose the options you want, and then click Start Recording to begin capturing your screen.
- While your phone is recording, a red recording symbol or notification will show in the top-right corner of the screen. Tap here to stop recording after you’re done taking the video.
These steps will work for Android 11 and 12, which are the most prevalent today.
Also Read: How to Fix SMS Fails to Send in Android?
How to screen-record on Android with third-party apps
If you’re unable to access or use the phone’s built-in screen recorder, we’ll show you several Android apps for screen recording. Depending on your phone, though, some of the apps may not capture audio due to Google upgrades.
Screen recording apps for your Android include:
- InShot Screen Recorder
- Link to Windows
- AZ Screen Recorder