A hacked Facebook account signifies that the account has been hijacked and that the account owner is on the edge of losing access to the account if the required recovery steps are not done. There is at least a 70% chance that anyone online can gain access to your Facebook account, but there are 100% ways to keep it secure if you take the necessary precautions.
Today, people lose their Facebook accounts to hackers in a variety of methods, and they cannot restore them since the hacker has acquired complete control. However, if you are reading this article and your Facebook account has been compromised, there is a fantastic option to recover it.
I came across an online tutorial on how to recover a hacked Facebook account, and I felt compelled to share it because I know there are people who want to know how to recover their Facebook account. If you’re one of those people, you may want to pay close attention to the steps outlined in this article on Naijaknowhow.
How to Recover Hacked Facebook Account
Regardless of how you lost your Facebook account to an internet hacker, these procedures work for every hacked Facebook account, whether you’re based in the United States of America (USA), the United Kingdom (UK), India, Nigeria, South Africa, or any other country in the world. Likewise, it does not require a great deal of time if you follow the recovery process as detailed below.
Here are two ways to retrieve a compromised Facebook account, using your email address and phone number, and vice versa.
Recover Hacked Facebook Account With Username and Phone Number
This process doesn’t require much time, as it just takes a few minutes to finish, and it’s highly effective if the hacker hasn’t completely altered your Facebook account. So let’s jump right into it.
The first thing you need to do when your account gets hacked or you observed you can’t access it is to go to the Facebook Compromised Account Report Page, to let them know your account has been compromised.
- Now you’ll need to select between two options displayed on your screen – if you want it recovered or you want it deleted. Since you certainly want to recover it, simply click on recover account.
- You’ll need to enter the username of the account you want to recover, but if the username is not available, you can use either your email or phone number, which depends on anyone you have between the two.
- Now, wait while Facebook searches through its database for an account with the information you have provided. Once the account has been found, you’ll be asked to input any familiar password you have used on the account before (it can be new or old)
- After inputting your familiar password, you’ll be asked to select how you’d like to receive the link to reset your account password. Skip all the options and click on No Longer Have Access To These?
- A new box will appear with an instruction that says you should put the new email you’ll like to receive the password reset link. So type in any email you have access to and wait while the password reset link gets delivered to your inbox.
- Once you’ve received the link, now click on it and create a new password, make sure it’s stronger and not related to the password that was hijacked before.
Recover Hacked Facebook Account With E-mail
This method works well if you’ve already added an email address to your Facebook account prior to the time or date it was stolen; however, the email address will have been modified by the hacker, but the actions outlined below provide rapid solutions.
- You’d have been notified in your email that your Facebook password has been changed, when that happens, you’ll need to click Please Secure Your Account.
- You’ll be redirected to a page where you’ll be asked to set a new password but before then, you’ll need to answer a few questions and verify your identity.
- You’ll need to click on Identify Photos Of Friends, this will let you identify 5 different pictures from 5 random friends on your account
- After identifying all 5 friends’ pictures correctly, you’ll be redirected to a page that’ll show you all the changes that’s been recently made to your account, from there you can change whatever information that has been replaced by the hacker’s information.
- After that, you’ll be redirected to a page that’ll confirm you’ve recovered your account successfully and you can now go back to posting and commenting from your account. Good luck!
What To Do After Recovering Your Hacked Facebook Account:
Most of the time, a Facebook account is hacked because its owner did not properly safeguard it in the first place. The majority of Facebook accounts that are not adequately protected are susceptible and can be compromised by hackers. What should you do after successfully regaining access to your compromised Facebook account? The solution is to immediately enable 2FA on your Facebook account.
How To Activate Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on Facebook
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), also known as Two-Step Verification, is an authentication technique that enables a user access to a website or an app after they have submitted one or two pieces of evidence proving that they are the owner of the account or profile they wish to access.
Facebook will send a Verification Code to your phone number and need you to enter it when you log in to your account as an additional security measure. This code can also be created on Android and iOS devices using an Authenticator App. Therefore, let’s jump directly into the actions listed below.
To turn on or manage two-factor authentication:
- Go to your Security and login settings.
- Scroll down to Use two-factor authentication and click Edit.
- Choose the security method (I recommend using Text message – SMS) that you want to add and follow the on-screen instructions.
Also Read: How to UNZIP Files in Android?
With these simple steps, it’s easy to recover your Facebook account. Sometimes it takes longer, but if you try to recover your account on the same day you lost it, you have a 90% chance of doing so.