Your administrator may synchronize your Google and Windows passwords on your Windows 10-controlled device. To change or reset the password for your device, you must update the password for your Google Account. If the procedures below do not work, request that your administrator update or reset your password.
Change Your Password
Given that your Windows password is linked with your Google Account, you must change your Google password and not your Windows password. On your device, only an administrator can reset your password from the Ctrl+Alt+Del screen.
- Sign in to your Windows 10 device.
- Open your Google Account Settings.
You might need to sign in.
- Under the Security tab, select Signing in to Google.
- Choose Password.
You might need to sign in again.
- Enter your new password, and then select Change Password.
- Lock your Windows 10 device.
In the bottom left corner, click Startyour user iconLock.
- In the bottom left, click your account name.
- When prompted, enter your new password.
Also Read: How to Logout from Whatsapp in Android?
Reset a Forgotten Password
Due to the fact that your Windows password is synced with your Google Account, you must reset your Google password.
- Choose an option:
- On your Windows device, at the bottom left of your sign-in screen, click Add Work Account.
- If you have a Windows profile in Active Directory, click your existing account or, if you don’t see your account, click Other Account.
- Enter your email address and click Next.
- Click Forgot Password.
- Follow the instructions to reset your password.
After you complete the steps to reset your password, you’re automatically signed in to Windows.