You may dislike cat videos and game reviews, but you still still use YouTube. YouTube, a massive repository of video content, is a popular destination for many. In actuality, the platform has more than a billion users, or roughly one-third of all internet users. Huge.
Perhaps Vimeo and Twitch are your everyday companions. Video content is an integral component of your digital existence. The question is how to maximise its utility.
- Works with all major video streaming platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion.
- Allows to save mp4 content and, optionally, convert to different formats.
- Has support for audio output — allowing you to save music from videos.
- Can download playlists or channels in batch.
- Caters for both professional and everyday use.
- Guarantees privacy and does not collect any of your personal information.
This article compares the best YouTube downloaders for Mac and explains how to legally download videos from YouTube (or any other video platform) so that you can watch them whenever and wherever you want.
Let us forewarn you that every YouTube download tool discussed in this post is worth a shot. To help you narrow down your options, below are the desirable features:Certainly, these are not universally sized. Perhaps downloading playlists in bulk serves no purpose for you. We ensured that the assessed solutions meet the essential requirements, such as security and integration with video streaming services. The remainder is up to you.
How to Download from YouTube
Many Mac users want to know how to download a YouTube video, whether to capture a few movies for an upcoming flight or to store their favourite films to view again. The issue is that it is difficult to locate an effective free YouTube downloader. Not to mention they could be utilised to violate intellectual property rights.
You can use third-party applications to legally save content from YouTube and video streaming providers to your Mac as well as download music from videos. As long as you are not profiting from downloads or violating any copyright agreements, their use is permissible.
How to Save YouTube videos on Mac using Native Tools
YouTube formerly supported direct video downloading. However…no longer. This is because a native tool is now available for the task. If you inquire about the best YouTube downloader, YouTube will likely recommend YouTube Premium, a native paid subscription programme that allows you to save material for offline viewing. You can keep YouTube videos on iPhone and Android devices for $11.99 a month. Here is how it operates:
- Open the video in your YouTube mobile app.
- Click on the download button below the video player.
- Customize the quality of the output.
- Once the video is downloaded, you’ll see the “download complete” icon below the player.
The application will automatically save downloaded YouTube videos to the Library or Account tab. Note that a YouTube Premium subscription only permits the downloading of videos to mobile devices. Therefore, it is not possible to download YouTube videos to a Mac.
Save YouTube videos on iPhone and iPad
If you wish to download YouTube videos on your iOS device, you may do so with Shortcuts, a native feature that helps you complete tasks with your iOS apps more quickly (also, Shortcuts are coming to macOS Monterey! This suggests that video download shortcuts for Mac may become available in the future). Now, let’s concentrate on iOS:
- Add the “Download YouTube” shortcut to your Gallery (open this link on your iOS device)
- Open the YouTube video you want to download in the YouTube app > Share button > More > Shortcuts
- On the Run Shortcut screen, tap your shortcut — it will prompt the download process
- Once the video is downloaded, you can choose to save it to camera roll or share.
Recently, a large number of users have reported issues with this quick approach. If you, too, cannot get it to work, use AnyTrans to download video to your Mac and then transfer it to your iPhone or iPad. Sounds excessive, but AnyTrans actually streamlines the entire procedure.
Save YouTube videos on Android
One solution is to use YouTube Go, a version of YouTube for Android that uses less network traffic but is, of course, considerably slower. If you don’t mind waiting longer than normal for your download to complete, you can try it:
If you have a Mac, we suggest downloading your videos to your Mac first (we’ll discuss some good downloaders shortly), and then using AnyDroid to transfer those videos directly to your Android phone. It will go quickly!
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to Mac
- Click the plus button on your iOS device
- Move the video from Mac to iPhone/iPad in one click. Works like magic
So here is how you store YouTube videos without costly software (for AnyTrans and AnyDroid, you’ll need a 7-day free Setapp membership). Now let’s discuss third-party solutions that not only solve the question of how to download a YouTube video, but also offer additional features such as trimming, transcoding, and flexible video sharing.
How to download YouTube videos with a YouTube downloader
If you frequently download media files, you do not want additional hassle. You should should be able to download the video from YouTube with a single click. With browser extensions, it is possible! Obtain an application that allows add-ons and design your perfect workflow. Here are our preferred options: