Want to know how to configure a VPN on a Windows 10 computer or a Mac? When you want to set up a virtual private network (VPN) for personal protection or to view the vastly superior films of American Netflix, it might be difficult to identify a reliable service provider or get your Windows 10 or Mac device to recognise the network. Fortunately, we are here to assist.
Prior to setting up a VPN, you must locate a secure VPN. There are other VPN providers available today; for the purposes of this post, we’ll use ExpressVPN because it’s compatible with a broad range of devices, including your Mac and PC. However, the steps are the same regardless of which VPN you choose.
How to set up a VPN on Windows 10
If you use a PC, you should read this section. There are numerous ways to instal and manage a VPN on your computer, so we will divide them into sections.
Use the Dedicated App
The majority of VPN services offer a Windows application that you may instal on your PC. This is perhaps the easiest way to configure a VPN on a Windows 10 device.
- Visit the website of your VPN and seek for the option to download the application. If you use ExpressVPN, the URL can be found here. Before downloading the app, you may be required to check in to your account.
- Launch the app (you can use the search bar in the bottom-left corner) and log in to your VPN account. You may need to return to the VPN’s website to obtain a code or complete verification procedures.
- Upon signing in, you can connect and disconnect your VPN as well as change you location.
Also Read: How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone 13?
Add a VPN Connection on Windows 10
You can easily set up your VPN in the settings of your Windows 10 device. Here’s how:
Click on the Windows icon in the lower right-hand corner of your PC and tap on the Settings cog.
- Click on Network & Internet.
- Click on VPN.
- Click on Add a VPN Connection.
Now, you’ll see a page with several fields to populate. At the top, click the dropdown and select Windows (Built-in).
Also Read: A Complete Review on LookMovie Website
Next, name your VPN. Then, enter the address of the VPN server in the next box.
The next box asks for the VPN type. Click the box for the dropdown menu and click the type of VPN connection you need to use.
Now, you can input your Username and Password. This is not the Username and Password you use to log into your VPN provider. However, it is provided by the service. Contact your VPN provider or look for this information on the VPN’s website.
- Finally, click Save at the bottom.
After completing these steps, you may connect and operate your VPN by clicking the up arrow on the taskbar and right-clicking your VPN. Then, select the Connect/Disconnect option.