Many of us routinely pick up our preferred Android phones first thing in the morning and automatically launch the Twitter app. What is intended to be a brief browse develops into an hour-long, difficult-to-break cycle of addiction. You must have observed that your Twitter feed bombards you with too much information, frequently from unsubscribed sources, leaving you more nervous than when you first picked up the phone. Therefore, it is essential to either take a temporary break from Twitter or, if you’re more determined than most of us, permanently deactivate your account.
How to Delete Your Twitter Account on The Web
You cannot remove your Twitter account immediately. The corporation asks that you deactivate your account, wait a specified grace period, and then your account will be destroyed, giving you sufficient opportunity to reconsider your decision. Twitter hides the deactivation option because it wants you to spend more time on the service, not less. Here is where the option can be found:
- With twitter.com open in a web browser, click More in the left menu.
- Click Settings and Support in the pop-up menu.
Click Settings and privacy.
- Go to Your account and click Deactivate your account.
- Click the Deactivate button at the bottom to begin your Twitter account deactivation process.
- Enter your Twitter account password to confirm your deactivation request.
- Click the Deactivate button.
When you delete your Twitter account, nobody can find you because your profile is no longer public. Nonetheless, this does not indicate that your account has been deleted. If you change your mind, you have 30 days to reclaim your Twitter account. Logging into the account with your previous credentials will reverse the deactivation of your account.
Also Read: How to Safe Mode in Windows 10?
Going beyond Twitter
Mainstream social media is frequently accused of violating user privacy, presenting an inappropriate number of advertisements, and modifying your feed depending on what a computer algorithm believes you might like. In this instance, it is sense to consider alternatives to typical social apps that offer a more streamlined experience and don’t overwhelm you with information. Thus, you can return to the primary purpose of social media: communicating with family and friends and making new ones.
How to Delete Your Twitter Account Using the Mobile App
Twitter’s mobile app does not support instant account deletion; you must first deactivate your account.
- On the Twitter app’s homepage, tap your profile photo in the upper-left corner.
- From the slide-out menu, go to Settings & Support.
- Scroll down and select Settings and privacy.
- Tap Your account.
- Find the Deactivate Account option at the bottom of the list and tap it.
- Tap Deactivate at the bottom.
- Enter your account password on the next page to confirm your decision.
- Tap the Deactivate button.
You have 30 days to reconsider account deletion. Your Twitter account is permanently deleted if you don’t log in to your account during this period.