Want to get rid of a Facebook page fast? You’re in the right spot. We’ll tell you in simple, step-by-step language how to delete your Facebook business page from your computer or phone.
We’ll also give you other ways to delete your page if you’re still not sure you want to get rid of your Facebook business page for good.
- Delete your Facebook page via desktop
- Delete your Facebook page using your mobile app
- Unpublish your Facebook page
- Merge your Facebook pages
- Delete your Facebook profile
- Cancel your Facebook page deletion.
The Difference Between a Facebook Profile and A Facebook Page
Make sure you and I are talking about the same things.
A Facebook profile is your personal Facebook account that you use to connect with family and friends and watch cute cat videos.
You can tell your Facebook friends about what’s going on in your life and find out what other people are doing. Depending on what pages you follow, you can even get news from your news feed.
On the other hand, a business usually makes a Facebook page to connect with customers, promote products and services, and grow its online presence. It’s not a personal account; it’s part of a bigger plan to market the business.
We’ll talk about everything you need to know about deleting your Facebook business page in the next section.
Scroll down to the end of the article to find out how to delete your personal Facebook account.
What You Need to Know Before You Click “Delete Page”
How to delete a Facebook page on desktop
If you’re sure you want to get rid of your Facebook page for good, here’s how to do it from your computer:
- If you want to delete your Facebook business page, you must be its administrator.
- If you’re not 100% sure about your page deletion, consider unpublishing it instead. You’ll be able to publish it again when you want to – no information will be lost.
- If you delete your page and change your mind, you can still reactivate it within 14 days after you initiate its deletion. The page also remains visible to the public for 14 days.
All done. Your Facebook page will be visible for the next 14 days, after which it will be deleted for good. During those 14 days, you can change your mind and decide not to delete.If you don’t want your page to be seen by the public, or if you want it gone right now, unpublish it before you delete it (scroll down to learn how to do it).
Read More: What is NORSTRAT and How Does It Works?
How to Delete a Facebook Page on Desktop
If you’re sure that you want to delete your Facebook page permanently, here’s how to do it via desktop:
- Make sure you’re the admin of the page you want to delete.
- Open your Facebook feed and click Pages in the left menu.
- Choose the page you want to delete.
- On the bottom left of your dashboard, click Settings.
- Navigate to the General tab and click Remove Page:
- Click Delete [Your Page Name] and click OK.
All done. Your Facebook page will be visible for the next 14 days, after which it will be deleted for good. During those 14 days, you can change your mind and decide not to delete.
If you don’t want your page to be seen by the public, or if you want it gone right now, unpublish it before you delete it (scroll down to learn how to do it).
How to delete a Facebook page on mobile
You can also quickly delete a Facebook page using your mobile, iOS, or Android. Follow the steps below:
- Open your Facebook app.
- In the top right corner, tap the hamburger menu:
- Click Pages.
- You’ll see a list of all your Facebook pages. Click the one you want to delete.
- Click Settings.
- Choose General.
- Click Permanently delete [Your Page Name].
You can also un-publish your Facebook page below in the Page Visibility section.
- In the Remove Page section, Facebook will ask you if you’re sure you want to delete your page.
- Click Delete Page? and you’re done!
Read More: Is Wordtune the Best AI writing Assistant?
Not Sure About Deleting Your Facebook Page? Here Are Two Alternatives
There are a few things you can do if you’re not sure you want to delete your Facebook business page for good.
You can have your page taken down or combine it with another. The first choice is great for people who might want to use their Facebook page in the future but don’t want anyone to see it right now.
The second option lets you delete the old Facebook page but move its likes to the new one. It works out well for everyone.
1. Unpublish your Facebook page
You may want to get your Facebook business page unpublished for a few reasons:
- You may have an old Facebook page that needs to be updated.
- You may have a new Facebook page that you haven’t finished working on and don’t want to be visible to the public until everything’s set.
- You may have created a fan page for Justin Timberlake a while ago, and it doesn’t feel like your thing anymore.
- You’re not sure you want to delete your Facebook page permanently.
Here’ how to unpublish your Facebook page:
- Go to Facebook. In your News Feed, click Pages (you’ll find it in the left menu).
- Click the page you want to unpublish and choose Page Settings.
- Navigate to General and click Page Visibility.
- Select Page unpublished.
- Click Save Changes.
- Facebook will ask why you want to unpublish your page. Give your reason.
- Click Next and Unpublish.
That’s it! If you want to publish your Facebook page again, follow the same instructions, only, in the 4th step, choose Page published.
2. Merge your Facebook pages
- Open your Facebook app.
- In the top right corner, click on the hamburger menu.
- Click Pages.
- You’ll see a list of all your Facebook pages. Click the one you want to merge.
- Click Settings.
- Choose General.
- Click Merge Pages.
Facebook will ask you to enter your Facebook password. You’ll have to choose the two pages you want to merge.
Here are the requirements your pages need to meet for the merger to happen:
- You can only merge requested pages if you’re an admin for both of them.
- The pages need to be on the same topic.
- The pages need to represent the same thing and have similar names.
- Your pages need to have the same physical location if it’s applicable.
How to Permanently Delete a Facebook Profile?
To delete your personal Facebook account, follow these steps:
- On the top right of Facebook, click “Account” (it’s marked with a ▼).
- Click “Settings & Privacy” and choose “Settings.”
- On the top left of Facebook, click “Your Facebook Information”.
- If you want to, you can download a copy of your information in the section “Download Your Information”:
- Click “Deactivation and Deletion.”
- Choose “Delete Account” and click Continue to Account Deletion.
Alternatively, if you’re not 10% sure about permanently deleting your Facebook account, or you want to keep on using Messenger and keep your messages, click “Deactivate Account” to disable your Facebook profile temporarily.
- Click “Delete Account.”
That’s it! After 30 days, Facebook will delete your account and all the information associated with it.
Read More: 7 Blue Screen on a MacBook Air Fixes
Want to Get Your Facebook Page Back? Here’s how To Cancel Its Deletion
If you delete your Facebook page and then change your mind, you can try to get it back within 14 days. This is possible because when you delete your Facebook page, it doesn’t go away right away. Instead, it goes into “deletion mode.”
Here’s what you need to do to undelete:
- Go to the page that’s scheduled to be deleted (do it within 14 days of initiating the process!).
- In the bottom left, click Page Settings.
- At the top of your page, click Cancel Deletion.
- Choose Confirm and click OK.