If you want to know how to block websites on your iPhone or iPad, it’s likely that you’ve seen one you don’t want to see again. Either that, or you want to keep your children safe online. After all, there’s a lot of good content out there, but there’s also a hell of a lot of bad content!
If you use Safari as your browser, you can easily block sites that you don’t want to see. You can block adult material and also make sure that certain sites can’t be accessed. You can also go the other way and make sure that all websites except a few are banned. These come from a list, which you can change to fit your needs.
How to block websites on iPhone: Access the web content settings
All of the features that block websites are in Screen Time, so if you want to use any of the three functions described below, you’ll need to do these four things first.
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and tap Screen Time.
2. Select Turn On Screen Time if it’s not already on and follow the on-screen instructions to get set up. Otherwise, tap Content & Privacy Restrictions.
3. Toggle the Content & Privacy Restrictions button into the “on” (green) position.
4. Tap Web Content.
How to block websites on iPhone: Limit adult websites in Safari
You can start blocking websites now that you know how to get into the web content settings.
The easiest thing to do is to use Apple’s list of sites for adults. This will make it impossible for you or anyone else to use Safari on an iPhone or iPad to look at content for adults.
1. Follow the steps above (concerning web content settings) and tap Limit Adult Websites.
2. If you find this limits some websites that you would like to remain viewable, tap Add Website under Always Allow.
3. You can then type the URL of the site you want to see. Tap Done and tap Web Content to go back to the previous screen.
Read More: How to Know If Someone Blocked Your Number?
How to block specific websites on iPhone and iPad
You can also go further and select specific websites that you want to block. These will be in addition to the list of adult websites gathered by Apple.
1. Follow the steps above (concerning web content settings) then tap Limit Adult Websites.
2. Now tap Add Website under Never Allow.
3. Type the URL of the site you do not want to view and tap Done. You can then tap Web Content to go back to the previous screen.
How to Block Specific Websites on iPhone and iPad
You can go even further and choose specific websites to block. Apple has already made a list of adult websites, and these will be added to it.
How to set up your iPhone and iPad so that you can only view certain sites
The third way to limit access to the online material is to block almost all websites and then let some of them through.
1. Follow the steps above (concerning web content settings) and tap Allowed Websites Only.
2. Now, underneath the list of websites which Apple will automatically allow, tap Add Website.
3. Enter the title of the website you want to allow and enter the website’s URL. Tap Done and tap Web Content to go back to the previous screen.